Focus on Business Continuity
We’re dedicated to helping you meet your business requirements, and have continuity plans in place to support that commitment in any environment. Backed by strong corporate governance and business line oversight, our program, policies and standards provide a framework for each business to create, document, test and enhance their continuity and incident management plans. Our Global Continuity Services Team works with each business unit to develop effective, risk-appropriate solutions so that we can quickly resume critical business functions and minimize financial risk.
Governance and Oversight
We have both internal and external oversight of our business continuity program.
- The Examining and Audit Committee of our Board of Directors monitors the effectiveness of our recovery capabilities and reviews material program changes.
- In addition, our Executive Continuity Steering Committee reviews program initiatives and proposed enhancements monthly.
- Our entities are regulated and audited regularly by the Federal Reserve Board, Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and other regulatory bodies where we operate worldwide.
Our Incident Response Team (IRT) directs, coordinates and supports incident management activities across the corporation to help minimize service disruption.
- During an incident, the IRT assists with communications and mobilization of business, corporate support and executive response teams.
- The IRT conducts periodic simulations that reflect the latest operational, market and technology risks.
We require each business unit to maintain a continuity plan that adheres to program standards and guidelines, while meeting defined client service requirements.
- Each year we perform a business impact analysis to determine the criticality and recovery time objectives of our operations.
- As part of our analysis, we identify and implement recovery solutions for facility, workforce, technology and dependency loss scenarios.
- Executive oversight and annual approval is required for all continuity plans.
We test our continuity plans to confirm their effectiveness in recovering business operations following a disruption.
- For each loss scenario, business units must test the sufficiency of their recovery solutions in accordance with corporate standards.
The success of the recovery process is based on recovering functions and technology within the timeframe established by the business units.