Making Life Better
Global Inclusion and Employee Networks
Global Inclusion is our company-wide initiative to ensure that every one of our employees feels engaged and valued by recognising their unique talents and contribution to our business.
What we value most about our employees are the qualities that make them unique: their experiences, interests and capabilities. Our values – Always Finding Better Ways, Stronger Together and Global Force, Local Citizen – represent our company's shared beliefs, and provide the framework for engaging our employees and connecting them to what we do.
In Poland, we have a number of committees and employee networks that have been established for our employees:
- Sports Committee
- Social and Cultural Committee
- Personal and Professional Development Committee
- Kraków Working Parents Club
- Professional Women's Network
- Kraków Toastmasters
These groups help employees come together around a common goal, share their unique perspectives and increase their visibility across the company. They also create opportunities for networking and professional development.
Values and principles that drive our Corporate Citizenship programme:
- Investing in education and workforce development for disadvantaged populations.
- Increasing an individual's ability to earn and maintain a living contributes to the overall health and wellbeing of our communities around the world. By investing resources with this in mind, we strive to resolve issues of skills shortages, regional competitiveness and income disparity between those with and without education and job skills.
Areas of activities:
- Focus on investing in educational programmes and initiatives related to career development, life-skill education, vocational training, inclusion and advancement of the disabled and non-governmental organization (NGO) sector partnerships
- Special attention is given to Global Outreach programmes that enable our employees to contribute to the community and add to our reputation as a socially responsible partner and a good corporate citizen
- Poland's Corporate Citizenship Committee (CCC) represents the State Street Foundation, which is based in Boston. It operates based on three funding segments:
- Sponsorship – supports local event sponsorships, including galas, sports tournaments and other fundraising initiatives that promote greater visibility in the local community/region
- Global Outreach – supports employee volunteer efforts in local offices, including expenses such as supplies, transportation, food, etc.
- Grant Making Programme – a majority of the grant budget focuses on the area of education with an emphasis on workforce development
Our strategic partners and other NGOs include:
- Dom Małego Dziecka im. Jana Brzechwy w Krakowie
- Chrześcijańskie Stowarzyszenie Osób Niepełnosprawnych ich Rodzin i Przyjaciół 'Ognisko'
- 'Mimo Wszystko' Anna Dymna's Foundation
- Świetlica Środowiskowa w Kędzierzynce
- Znaczenie Foundation
- Fundacja Przestrzeń Rozwoju (Space Development Foundation)
- Stowarzyszenie KAT (Kreatywni, Aktywni, Tworczy)
- Związek Harcerstwa Polskiego, Chorągiew Krakowska Komenda Hufca Kraków - Podgórze im. Podgórskich Szarych Szeregów
- Foundation of Art, Adventure and Pleasure
- St. Padre Pio Charities (Dzieło Pomocy sw. Ojca Pio)