Investment Services and Support
To further protect investors following the financial crisis, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) extended the requirement under UCITS to appoint a depositary to most non-UCITS that are marketed within the European Union.
We can provide a comprehensive solution to help you meet the requirements of AIFMD, combining our extensive global custody infrastructure and existing depositary experience. We’ve been acting as depositary to UCITS since their introduction in 1989, and the broad knowledge and insight we’ve gained during that time has complemented our non-UCITS depositary knowledge and capability.
We are authorized to act as a depositary in the major EU markets. We’ll work with you to understand the nature, scale and complexity of your products and develop a solution to ensure we meet our obligations as depositary.
Our offering includes:
- Cash monitoring that includes daily monitoring of all cash flows and review of significant cash flow
- Safekeeping of financial instruments in our custody. We can also verify ownership of other assets, by taking advantage of our global sub-custody network
- Oversight of the operation of the fund, including valuation, subscription/redemption process, distribution, timely settlement of transactions, and compliance with investment and borrowing power limits
- Depositary lite services for non-EU alternative investment funds
- Private equity/Real estate fund servicing using our experience as administrator for these products
- Prime broker fund servicing using existing arrangements in place with the major prime brokers
We can also provide a range of related services such as AIFMD regulatory reporting and UCITS and AIFMD risk and liquidity monitoring solutions.
Our active involvement with local regulators and industry bodies also ensures we are always aware of any upcoming changes – and will work with you to understand the specific implications for your business.