Funding and Collateral Solutions
FICC Sponsored Member Repo
Centrally cleared repo supports market capacity and helps reduce counterparty credit risk. Through the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), State Street’s Sponsored Member Repo Program offers clients the opportunity to access the benefits of the Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (FICC) repo platform.
As the leader in gross sponsored cleared volume,1 we’ve sponsored clients’ FICC repo activity for more than 15 years. We were the first Sponsoring Member to support cash borrowers and non-US entities, and we continue to innovate.
- Cash Investors: Invest your US dollar cash in repurchase transactions secured by approved collateral held in your name.
- Cash Borrowers: Finance your US Treasuries and Agency Debentures with a stable source of US dollar cash funding.
- Passive afternoon cash sweep: Sweep residual US dollar cash into a securitized transaction with liquid securities with a highly rated counterparty.
Sponsored Member Benefits
FICC Sponsored Member Repo allows you to unlock the benefits of centrally cleared repo without needing to satisfy all of the obligations of a direct clearing member:
- Competitive pricing and ample capacity; proven source of stable liquidity
- Innovative model opens new investment and liquidity access to end-user participants
- State Street offers supportive credit intermediation, helping market realize the benefit of matching peers’ supply and demand
- State Street meets FICC’s clearing fund requirements for clients’ sponsored activity clients are protected from loss mutualization
- Counterparty risk reduction
- FICC becomes counterparty upon matching and novation
- FICC credit ratings: AA/A-1+ (Standard & Poor’s) and Aaa/P-1 (Moody’s Investor Service)2
- FICC guarantees settlement of all matched trades
- Operational efficiency: State Street manages infrastructure and trade processing activity with FICC
- Agnostic to clients’ primary custody relationship(s)
- Cash investor client collateral held in individual clients’ securities accounts, segregated from State Street’s assets
Our Market Leadership3
- $150 billion in sponsored repo balances
- Serving more than 130 clients and more than 1,900 individual entities
- Expanded service supports ten jurisdictions (US, Bahamas, Bermuda, Belgium, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman, Ireland, Luxembourg, Singapore)
1. As of December 31, 2020
2. As of September 30, 2020 from DTCC Q3 2020 Financials
3. As of December 31, 2020