10 State Street Actions
Addressing Racism and Inequality
We are working to implement concrete actions to address racism and inequality at State Street and beyond.
Our 10-Point Action Plan
The events of the past year — violence toward men and women in the Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) communities; persistent education and economic gaps; and a public health pandemic that disproportionally affected BIPOC communities — have illustrated stark realities.
For us, our goal was clear: We must work to help end systemic racism in our communities. Through a 10-point action plan to address issues of racism and inequality, we pledged to use our power, our voice and our capital to build a better and more just world.
"Racial inequities in our society have been left unaddressed for too long. State Street’s 10 Actions to Address Racism and Inequality are aimed at promoting racial equity in our company, our industry, and our society."
Chairman and CEO
Expand each section below to learn more about our 10 Actions to Address Racism and Inequality and the progress that we’ve made toward our goals.
1. Improve Black and Latinx* Employee Representation
2. Sharpen Focus on Black and Latinx* Talent Development
3. Conduct Anti-Racism Conversations and Training
4. Implement Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Practices for
5. Increase Spend with Black and Latinx* Suppliers
6. Improve Black and Latinx* Board Representation
7. Leverage SSGA’s Asset Stewardship Efforts
8. Improve Black and Latinx* Representation Across Our Industry
9. Establish Combatting Racism as a Priority for State Street
10. Increase Civic Engagement and Reflection