Community Event Sponsorships
Through sponsorships, we invest in communities and create leadership opportunities for our employees. We sponsor:
- Events hosted by charities that align with State Street Foundation's focus on education and workforce development
- Events hosted by charities where our leaders serve on the board
- Corporate responsibility events
And we engage our employees through these events, to sharpen their skills and help them develop a community viewpoint.
In the United States, event sponsorships are given to IRS-recognized nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations. Outside the US, we work with 501(c)(3) equivalents.
Types of Sponsorship and Guidelines
Our community event sponsorships target:
- Disadvantaged populations, particularly nonprofits that serve low-income, undereducated, disabled, at-risk or unemployed/underemployed individuals
- Communities where we have a business presence
- Mission-based nonprofits that don’t discriminate based on race, citizenship, creed, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion or any other legally-prohibited characteristic.
We support goals related to education and workforce development, including job readiness, college access, dropout prevention, literacy and academic persistence. We also support environmental education, conservation and improvement through clean-up efforts.
Unfortunately, we can’t consider sponsorship for events related to disease-specific initiatives, endowments, political causes, religions or individual pursuits like scholarships.
How to Apply
Our team meets regularly to review sponsorship requests and make funding decisions.
Within six to eight weeks of the application date (based on request volume and additional information needed), you’ll be informed of whether your request was approved.
We accept proposals on a rolling basis. To access the online community event sponsorship application, click here. You’ll be asked to answer a series of questions to help determine your funding eligibility. If you are eligible for funding, you will advance to the online application.