Making Life Better
Our values and principles help us stay connected to the communities where we live and work. To support the well-being of our communities, we’re focused on:
- Investing in education and workforce development for disadvantaged populations.
- Resolving issues of skills shortages, regional competitiveness and income disparity.
In Japan, these efforts specifically include:
- Grant making to support local charities and initiatives in the area of education for workforce development.
- Event sponsorship to support local community partners in fundraising for strategic events.
- Global outreach to support employees in their volunteering efforts and organized activities with our community partners.
Our strategic partners and other NGOs include:
- Kodomo No Ie
- No No Hana No Ie
- Tokyo Shure
- YMCA FCSC
- Kids Door
- Learning for All
- Habitat for Humanity
- Swan Bakery
- Coffee Shop Perle
State Street Corporation donated USD120,000 to three local NPOs in 2019 to help underprivileged children through free after school/meals or to support disabled children. Additionally, our employees in Japan have donated USD2,500 and eight boxes of canned food and sweets in total to selected local NPOs.
Engaging Our Employees
As a global company, we value the experiences, interests and capabilities that make our more than 30,000 employees unique. With our company-wide Global Inclusion initiative, we ensure our employees feel engaged and recognized for their unique talents and contributions to our business.
Global Inclusion has long been a strategic imperative at State Street aligning directly with our values “Always Finding Better Ways,” “Stronger Together” and “Global Force, Local Citizen."
In Japan, our employees manage networks such as the Community Support Program (CSP), Professional Women’s Network (PWN), as well as Sports and Family Clubs. These groups bring employees together around a common goal, so they can share their unique perspectives and enhance their networking and visibility across the company.