State Street Bank and Trust Company, Tokyo Branch - Japanese
State Street Bank and Trust Company, Tokyo Branch
In accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law (hereinafter referred to as “Law”), State Street Branch and Trust Company, Tokyo Branch (hereinafter referred to as “Branch”) hereby establishes a policy as set forth below for the proper protection and use of personal information and anonymously processed information (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information, etc.”), and will take all possible measures to ensure the privacy of its customers.
1. Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations, Etc.
The Branch will comply with all of the terms set forth in this Statement, in addition to the provisions of all relevant laws and regulations and other rules and guidelines, with regard to the proper protection and use of personal information.
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- The Branch will identify in advance the purposes of use of the personal information of its customers that it acquires. These purposes of use of such information will be posted at the sales office of the Branch.
- Except as otherwise provided for by law, under no circumstances will the Branch use, without your consent, your personal information for any purposes that have not been identified by the Branch in advance.
- At your request, the Branch will suspend the use of your personal information for the purpose of sending direct-mail advertising, and engaging in telemarketing and other forms of direct marketing. If you do not wish your personal information used for direct marketing purposes, please contact the number provided under 8. “Contact Information” below.
3. Acquisition and Provision of Personal Information
- The Branch will, using methods that are lawful and fair, acquire the personal information of its customers within the extent necessary for achieving its purposes of use of such information that have been identified in advance. In addition, the Branch will not, unless otherwise provided for by law and except for special cases permitted under specific laws and regulations, acquire, use, or provide to third parties any sensitive information. The Branch will not acquire, use, or provide to third parties any special car-required personal information that is specified by law without your consent.
- Except for special cases permitted under specific laws and regulations, the Branch will not, without your prior consent, provide your personal information to third parties.
- If the Branch outsources the handling of personal information to an outside party, it will select a outsourcing service provider who is known to be capable of properly handling personal information, and will supervise the said service provider as needed and in a proper manner.
- When providing Personal Data to a third party in a foreign country, the Branch shall, in principle, obtain your consent, except for cases permitted under the laws and regulations. However, with respect to entrustment and shared use of Personal Data between the Branch and affiliate companies (hereinafter referred to as “group affiliate companies”) of the Branch’s parent company, State Street Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “SSC”) or non group affiliate companies, such entrustment and shared used between the Branch and the group affiliate companies are allowed without your consent, provided that the Branch admits that such group affiliate companies satisfy the standards set forth under Article 24 of the Law.
4.Disclosure and Other Procedures
The Branch will respond in a proper and prompt manner when you make a request, subject to the applicable laws and regulations, for the disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of your personal information retained by the Branch (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Disclosure, Etc.”), provided that your identity has been verified. If you wish to request the Disclosure, Etc. of your personal information, please contact the number provided under 8. “Contact Information” below.
5.Security Management Measures
- With regard to the handling of personal data, the Branch will establish basic policies and handling regulations related to safety management in order to prevent leakage, loss, damage, etc. of personal data (hereinafter referred to as "leakage, etc."), and will establish an implementation system related to safety management measures and take necessary and appropriate safety management measures.
- Organizational safety management measures: We will appoint a person responsible for the safety management of personal data, establish rules for the handling of personal data related to the safety management, establish a means for confirming operation and operation status accordingly, establish an inspection and audit system, and establish a system for responding to leaks, etc.
- Human safety management measures: We will conclude a personal data nondisclosure agreement with employees, clarify roles and responsible persons, disseminate management rules, conduct training, and confirm the status of compliance with employee management procedures.
- Physical safety management measures: We will take measures to manage the area of handling of personal data, prevent theft of equipment and electronic media, prevent leakage, etc. when carrying electronic media, delete personal data, and dispose of equipment, electronic media, etc.
- Technical safety management measures: We will identify and authenticate personal data users, set up management classifications and control access, manage access authority, take measures to prevent leakage, etc.
- Understanding the external environment: When handling personal information in a foreign country, we will take appropriate safety management measures after grasping the system for the protection of personal information in the foreign country.
6. Outsourcing of the handling of personal data
When the Branch entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information data to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, the Branch will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the entrusted personal data so that the handling can be safely managed.
The Branch will respond in a proper manner to any complaint relating to the handling of personal information by promptly investigating the facts surrounding the complaint.
8.Efforts toward Continuous Improvements
The Branch will conduct reviews as necessary in order to make continuous improvements in the handling of personal information (including security management measures).
Please contact the number below for inquiries, counseling, complaints, etc. relating to the handling of personal information, such as the Disclosure, Etc. of your personal information retained by the Branch:sures.
Customer Privacy Office: Compliance Department
Phone Number: 03-4530-7600
Hours of Operation: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (excluding Branch Holidays)
Membership in an Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
The Branch is a member of the All Branchs Personal Data Protection Council, an Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization in the field of finance. The Complaints and Counseling Services Center (Branch Transaction Counseling Center) of the All Branchs Personal Data Protection Council Center handles complaints and provides counseling relating to the handling of personal information by its members.
All Branchs Personal Data Protection Council Website: http://www.abpdpc.gr.jp(Complaints and Counseling Services) Phone Number: 03-5222-1700 or contact your nearest Branch Transaction Counseling Center.
Conflict of Interest
Opinions and Complaints
State Street Bank and Trust Co., Tokyo Branch
Phone No.: +81-3-4530-7690
The below organizations also accept consultation about banking transactions:
Japanese Bankers Association Consultation Center
Japanese Bankers Association Consultation Center is operated by the Japanese Bankers
Association as the contact point for various consultations and inquiries regarding a bank and opinions and complaints to a bank. Consultation, inquiries, etc., is free.
For more details, please see the website of the Japanese Bankers Association:
Phone No.:0570-017109 or +81-3-5252-3772
Service days: Monday – Friday (except for national holidays and other bank holidays)
Service hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
*The Japanese Bankers Association is a designated dispute resolution organization under the Banking Act and our Branch holds a membership.
Basic Policy against Anti-Social Forces
State Street's action in response to the Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) initiative
Basic Policy for Coordination and Collaboration with Settelement Agents for Electoric Settlement System